So, you want to learn WordPress? Oh, and you also want to learn it for free? No problem!
Luckily, there are multiple online and offline resources to help you learn WordPress, and this list will assist you in finding the best match for your needs.
WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
To make sure we’re on the same page, let’s clarify that WordPress.com and WordPress.org are related, but aren’t the same thing. You can read more about the differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. With WordPress.com, your site hosting is taken care of, as is security and site backups.
Alternatively, WordPress.org is self-hosted, wherein hosting, security, and backups fall on your shoulders. Each platform has its pros and cons, and the right choice for you will depend on your circumstances.
In this article, “WordPress” is referring specifically to WordPress.com — although what you learn can be applied to WordPress.org websites as well.
The best places to learn WordPress
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned WordPress user, cash-strapped or able to invest in self-education, these awesome WordPress learning and training resources can help you take your WordPress site to a whole new level.
- Link: https://wordpress.com/learn/
- What it does: WordPress.com/learn/ teaches the basics of setting up your own WordPress.com site, including picking themes, creating posts and pages, basic site customizations, and more.
- Ideal for: Beginners
- Price: Free
2. Blogging University
- Link: https://wordpress.com/dailypost/blogging-university/
- What it does: You can sign up for expert-led courses to learn about a wide range of subjects: blogging, building a business website, branding, photography, writing, and more.
- Ideal for: All expertise levels
- Price: Free with a WordPress.com account
3. WordPress.com Support
- Link: https://wordpress.com/support/
- What it does: Similar to Learn WordPress.com, you can use the WordPress.com Support site to learn the basics of setting up your site. You can also access community support forums to find answers to specific problems or questions.
- Ideal for: All expertise levels and anyone who has support questions about their WordPress.com sites.
- Price: Free
4. WordPress Video Tutorials
- Link: https://wordpress.com/support/video-tutorials/
- What it does: Sometimes, it’s best to learn by watching — especially when you can click “pause” and “rewind.” Within the WordPress.com Support site, you’ll find WordPress Video Tutorials that provide helpful instructional videos to teach you how to do almost anything on WordPress.
- Ideal for: Beginner and intermediate users
- Price: Free
- Link: https://www.lynda.com/WordPress-training-tutorials/330-0.html
- What it does: Lynda is an online learning platform where expert instructors teach a range of topics. Lynda offers an entire category devoted to learning WordPress — primarily WordPress.org. But, many of these classes apply to WordPress.com as well.
- Read more https://wordpress.com/go/start/learn-wordpress/?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=google_wpcom_search_brand_desktop_row_en&utm_medium=paid_search&keyword=learn%20wordpress&creative=294744395647&campaignid=655562327&adgroupid=62043746314&matchtype=p&device=c&network=g&targetid=aud-1161853894060:kwd-1903673049&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=CjwKCAjwk6-LBhBZEiwAOUUDp_cLsKz5K1WgfrH3kOv8KuggvDRscadVcO0y5qxonO5IdkX3hzX6SxoCIEoQAvD_BwE