By Wix Blog
So you’re thinking of taking the plunge into YouTube for your business, are you? It’s a smart move, given that 300 hours of video are uploaded every single minute to the platform, making it a great way to strengthen and grow your business. YouTube channels enable you to gain exposure online and share your content with the world. An important complement to a YouTube channel is a website, which can act as a hub for your content as well as provide more information about you and your business.
To help you along this process, we’ve provided a breakdown of some basics to get your YouTube business channel up and running, as well as how you can create a website to accompany your channel.
It’s time to put on your director’s hat. Here are the steps you need to start a YouTube channel:
- Start with the basics
- Solidify your web presence
- Fill in the about section
- Channel your art
- Know your market, know your content type
- Lights, camera, trailer
- Upload your first (official) video
- Optimize for search
- Stay consistent
- Integrate your channel in your website and social
- Engage with your community
- Think about investing in YouTube ads
- Analyze, optimize, repeat
01. Start with the basics
The first thing you’ll need to do is actually create your business channel, and YouTube makes it incredibly easy to do. With just a couple of clicks, you’ll be ready to dive into setting up your new channel. Here’s how to start a YouTube channel:
- Sign into YouTube and click on the user icon at the top right of the screen
- Click on the gear icon to get to your account’s YouTube Settings
- Click on Create a new channel
- Then choose “Use a business or other name”
- Add your Brand name and click create. If you don’t yet have a name, you can craft a new one with a YouTube name generator.
02. Solidify your web presence
Once you have the basic setup of your YouTube channel, you’ll want to make sure that you have a complete web presence to accompany it. When viewers find your channel, they’ll likely want to know more about you and might search for your website as well as your presence on other social media platforms.
To ensure these viewers find what they are looking for, you should make sure you have an up and running website. You can either create one with the help of designer-made templates, or if you already have one, you can consider redoing it to make sure it matches the style of your new YouTube channel. You can then move on to a similar creation or revamp of your page on various social media platforms.
03. Fill in the about section
Once you’ve built up your complementary web presence, you may be wondering how to make sure you’ve started a YouTube channel that draws attention to your brand and brings in new viewers. To do so, fill out your profile and channel description. This is the first option you see after you have created a channel. Here, you should describe your brand and what viewers can expect to see on your channel. This is also a great place to add links to your website and other social media networks that you use. This description will appear in more than one place on your channel, so be sure to put your best foot forward when filling it out.
Read more https://www.wix.com/blog/2017/03/how-to-start-a-successful-youtube-channel-for-your-business/