By Stacey McLachlan
If you’ve got a funny sketch to share, a knack for dance moves, or just want to impress your cool teen cousin Vanessa, it’s time to familiarize yourself with some TikTok tricks. Because if you’re going to start a TikTok account, you may as well do it right.
At this point, it’s clear TikTok is no passing fad in social networking. The app has more than 1.65 billion downloads to date and currently boasts 689 million active users. This. Is. Happening. Vanessa wasn’t lying (for once).
So, if you feel overwhelmed every time you open the TikTok app, read on to get schooled in all the essential TikTok skills you need to make the most of social media’s hottest platform.
10 TikTok tricks you need to know
Ready to tap into current trends on TikTok and stand out on the #fyp (TikTok’s “For You” page)?
Master these TikTok tips and tricks and you’ll be ready to create the content of your dreams.
1. How to make a slideshow on TikTok
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but sometimes even that’s not enough. If you need multiple images to fully tell a story, pull them together into a quick slideshow on TikTok.
- Hit the plus sign on the home screen to create a new video.
- Tap Upload on the bottom right.
- Select as many photos or videos as you’d like to include
- Add sound clips, text, or stickers, or hit Effects to adjust the transitions and timing
- Click Next to proceed to the post screen.